Angelica ( Polianthes tuberosa ) is a beautiful flower originally from Mexico – despite this, the flower is also known as hyacinth. Thanks to its beauty and charming scent, it has become popular all over the world, and is widely used by brides at weddings. Angelica can also give a harmonious and delicate look to your garden, as it is small in size and, moreover, requires little care. If you want to know how to grow this flower, check out how to plant angelic flower.
Angelic flower: meaning
Each flower carries with it a special meaning, and with angelica it would not be different. This flower means purity – both by its white color and by its name, which indicates similarity and closeness to the angels. Therefore, many brides choose to marry a bouquet of angelic flower , since it conveys this idea of integrity and innocence.
Angelica looks great on bridal bouquets both alone and when combined with other white flowers. Roses, magnolias and milk cups are excellent choices to put together a bridal bouquet composed with angelic flower. Be sure to check out our article on what the meaning of white flowers is and let us know more.
How to Care for Angelic Flower
The angelic flower must be cultivated from the bulbs – avoid seedlings and seedlings, since they have a not so satisfactory result. You can purchase angelica bulbs at specialized gardening stores or even the internet.
Planting from bulbs requires some special care, especially in regions of hot and humid climate like Brazil. Check out our recommendations below:
- Plant the bulbs always in the fall (between March 20 and June 20);
- Give preference to potting;
- Keep soil well drained;
- Do not expose the bulbs to the full sun – keep them illuminated, but in the shade.
How to grow angelic flower
To have beautiful angelic flowers in your garden, it is necessary to follow some recommendations, especially at the time of planting. Check out how to grow angelic flower:
- Prepare a vase with good drainage and sufficient amount of fertilizer. Line the bottom of the vase with rocks, cover with a layer of sand and make a third layer with well fertilized soil. This will ensure that the water will not get trapped in the vessel and that the soil will have enough nutrients for the angelic bulb to develop.
- Plant the angelic bulbs about five inches from the surface of the ground . This will ensure good growth.
- Give a space of ten centimeters between each bulb of angelica. If you leave the bulbs too close, they may suffocate during the development of the plant. Stay tuned!
- Leave the soil moist, but not soaked. Waterlogging can cause plant roots to rot.
Angelica should take about three months to grow and bloom. Plant it always in the fall to ensure that this beautiful flower manifests to its full potential during the spring. The opening of the angelic ones happens gradually, that is, you will be able to follow the blossoming of the flower daily.
The perfume of the angelic ones is intoxicating. Give some of this and conquer hearts! You may also be interested in how to care for lilies or how to plant magnolias – these flowers are also beautiful and will bring harmony to your garden.
Is it possible to find a blue angel flower? And pink angel flower? We often like a certain flower so much that we want it to be available in all colors. However, this is not the case with the angelic flower – it only exists in nature in white or in slight shades of pink.
If you look for blue flowers, the hydrangeas naturally present this color and can be a good option. There are some blue tulips and orchids, too, but they usually cost more (the blue color is rare in nature).
Already the flowers in shades of pink are numerous! The one that most resembles the angelic flower is the rose of the desert. This flower does not need much care and will bring a differential to your garden. And why not invest in the classic roses? Romantic and beautiful, the rose bushes always attract attention, even though they are already known by garden lovers.