How to Make a Pom Pom – The tulle pompom is the perfect decoration for your party. Whether you are celebrating a bridal shower, a baby shower, a children’s or carnival birthday party, or any other event in which decorating is essential, the tulle pompom is a simple and practical method of doing it. Discover how economical and simple to make this colorful craft and ensure that your party has the most original decoration of all! The tips are valid even for those who do not have experience or talent for crafts because they are very easy to perform! You can even do this activity with the children as long as you use round-cut scissors or you do all the necessary cuts in the step-by-step.
How to Make a Pom Pom
Steps to follow:
- To make a simple tulle pompom, start by gathering the necessary materials. You will need cardboard, scissors, nylon string or string and a ruler (or tape measure) to take measurements of the tulle. Do not forget that if you are working with children, it is safer to use round-tipped scissors!
Tip: You can use tulle of your favorite color, creating a monochromatic decoration, or create a color scheme to decorate your party with different colored pompoms!
- Begin by cutting a strip of tulle 15 cm wide and 100 cm long. Also cut a piece of nylon thread to tie the pompom later, when making the decoration.
Tip: If you want to make bigger pompons, you can cut a strip of tulle 30 cm wide and 200 cm long.
- Cut a piece of rectangular-shaped cardboard, using the same width of the tulle (15 cm) and 30 cm long. Wrap the piece of tulle around the cardboard. Cut off the ends of the tulle and remove the cardboard from the center, without dismantling the folds.
action: If you doubled the measurements in the previous step, do not forget that the rectangle of cardboard must be proportional and have 30 cm instead of 15 cm!
- Then, attach the arrangement as if it were an accordion and tie the nylon cord (or string) in the center. Cut the center of the four folds (on the outside of each side) and pull the ends to model your round-shaped tulle pompom.
- Do you know how to make tulle pom poms? It is also possible to make very simple pompoms with crepe paper or EVA!