How To Make a Crown for Funerals – The crowns of flowers are usually associated with funeral ceremonies, which is curious because they once represented the overcoming of death, being offered to high priestesses and victors. Today they have a different meaning and are addressed to the deceased as an expression of longing and affection, usually accompanied by a banner with a longing message. It is also customary to offer flowers to the relatives of the deceased as a demonstration of condolences and in an attempt to ease their pain. It is well known that buying a wreath is something that will be expensive, so the alternative is to learn how to make a funeral wreath. Learn the technique in this article.
How To Make a Crown for Funerals
You will need:
- Floral sponge
- Various flowers
- Spray for plants
- Long-lasting marker
- Waterproof adhesive tape
Steps to follow:
- Firstly you will need a flower sponge, also called a floral sponge. Prefer circular ones, which you can buy in flower shops. Soak it for about 20 minutes so that it absorbs enough water to keep the flowers fresh for several days.
- If you are confused about which flowers to use, be aware that you may choose them depending on the season of the year you are in or according to the tastes of the deceased. In any case, roses, lilies, cloves, gladioli, chrysanthemums, and gypsophiles are the most used. Complement them with some plants of green foliage, like ferns, heras, camellias, tuia, ruscus, etc.
- Cut off the flowers as you place them in the sponge and also remove some of the leaves so you can insert them easily. Try to keep the same height between them and arrange them randomly or concentrated in small colored groups. Put enough to cover the entire sponge and fill the empty spaces with green foliage.
- When you’re done, give the finishing touch. For this, you can apply a spray of glitter, color or spray of own brightness for plants, which will find for sale in florists and that gives the effect present in the image to the side. These products make the crown more beautiful and give a fresher look at the flowers and leaves. You can also attach to the crown loops made from wrapping ribbons.
- Lastly, add a banner to the funeral crown. Get one already made in florists or funeral shops, who come with a typical message or do it yourself, using a wide ribbon and writing a message on it with long, thick marker. Fasten it to the sponge with the aid of pins or a waterproof adhesive tape.